Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DECORATING WITH PILLOWS

Decorating with pillows in your home is an easy and thrifty solution to add new life and a punch of color to a room.  Pillows will give an instant renewal to the room.  It can take a dull coach or chair, and add a "wow factor" to the room.

Pillows are cheap and inexpensive, and can become the focal point in your room. They can make things flow together throughout the room tying the window treatment on one side of the room, for example, with the pillows on the coach on the other.

I love adding pillows to rooms.  Here are a few I've added in our home.

 In our family room.



 Our bedroom



The Living Room ...
...with a few of the pillows I've made.


The easy to make pocket pillow.
If you missed the tutorial go here to get the instructions.





(The brown pillow is another slip cover pillow.)

The great thing about pillows is that you can change them out with the season.

These are slip covered pillows I made and had out this past fall.


This Pottery Barn inspired pillow I made works great for spring!
If you missed the tutorial you can get the instructions here.

Pillows are great in groupings of twos or threes.


On a recent trip to Ikea, I noticed they also use pillows to decorate adding the much needed color and punch.  See how the polka dot pillows make the coach go from bland and boring to WOW!


 
I enjoy using pillows to spruce up a room, do you? 

I'm linking to

Pillow week @
Visit thecsiproject.com

4 comments:

  1. I seriously love all of your pillows! Absolutely darling!!!
    -emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue pillows on the couch, especially the nest one!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, beautiful decorating! I especially love the "Nest" and ruffled pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! they are so gorgeous and look 1000§!
    so pretty !
    take care,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails