Thursday, December 8, 2011

CHISTMAS DECOR 2011 {FAMILY ROOM}

Welcome back to the Christmas House Tour of the Parsonage!  In my last post, I showed you our dinning room all decorated for Christmas.  Today we'll move on to our family room.  The two rooms join together so I wanted to continue the same theme/color in both rooms.

Here is the view looking from our dinning room into the family room area.


This year I decide to place the tree in our family room instead of the living room.  We sit in our family room every day, while the living room only when we have guests.  We have been enjoying having the tree in our daily view.  Of course this meant moving furniture.  This area usually looks like this.


The tree is decorated with silver and blue and a lot of glittery items.  I love the sparkle and bling the tree has this year.  Of course, a lot of the items are from garage sales and thrift stores.  Here are a few close up look at them.

 This pretty garland was only .49 cents, and the sparely spike was free - thrift store finds (I got several of these glittery spikes free).  Free makes me happy :)
 More thrift store ornaments.



In the past, I had a burgundy tree skirt under the tree.  Since I have a new color this year, I had to come up with a new skirt.  Here's my solution using what I had.......


 ... a scarf from our daughters wedding. I simply wrapped it around the tree base adding more sparkle and bling!

{My camera doesn't do justice for this photo...it's so much prettier than the picture shows.}

Next to the television stand, I placed a poinsettia in my grandmothers old red wing crock.



Here's the arrangement on my desk.  
{The tree is a $1 garage sale find.}

Coming up in my next post will be the living room in the Christmas House Tour.










2 comments:

  1. I grew up in a parsonage, and we definitely had to be thrifty with 4 kids and the family on a preacher's salary! So it is extra-fun reading your blog and being inspired by your great ideas. Keep up the good work, and I read all your new entries!
    Pam (http://cubcreekart.weebly.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty n Simple...I love how humble and cool the whole thing is...

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails