Wednesday, February 1, 2012

BABY SHOWER COFFEE FILTER CUPCAKES {TUTORIAL}

In my last post, I promised to give you the tutorial for the cupcakes made with coffee filters.  Here is the tutorial on making these cupcakes.  These cupcakes work wonderfully as a baby gift along with baby shower decorations.  I gave mine as part of my gift.


In the cupcake above, a baby hat was used in place of the baby washcloth.  I like how the ruffled edge gave it a little different look than the washcloth.

Here are the things you will need, along with the instructions on how to make your own cupcakes.


I made my own burp clothes by sewing two pieces of flannel right sides together.  I then turned them right side out, and finished them off by top stitching 1/2" from the edge.  I also made one using the same technique substituting a cloth diaper for one of the flannel cloths.

My next post will include instructions for making the nut/mint cups.


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love it so much, I'm going to steal it ;)

    As a pastor's wife too, I attend quite a few showers (wedding and baby) and this cute little cupcake would be so cute for baby showers.

    Thank you for sharing the pictures of your granddaughter's baby shower - the decorations are well done. Don't forget to share the "diaper mint/nut" take home gift.

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails