Monday, May 21, 2012

HANDMADE GIFTS

I enjoy sewing and often make gifts for special occasions. I thought over the next few days it would be
 fun to share a few of my projects. 
Today's theme is 

Baby


I made this for a new baby at our church a few years ago.  The baby's father is a Marine Engineer and works on cruise ships.  I thought it would be fun to make something with ships/boats for the gift.  I created the pattern and design my self. I used star fabric for the sky and a print fabric for the water.  I then made a sailboat, using photo transfer paper adding a photo of the baby to the sail.  I even made a boat anchor using a button and string.


Because I'm talking about babies and baby gifts, I couldn't resist adding a photo of our cute granddaughters.





1 comment:

  1. That's so cute. I love the baby's picture on the sail. and I love sailboats :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails