Thursday, September 6, 2012

FALL DECORATING - ROOM BY ROOM

It's hard to believe that we're seeing the end of summer and fall fast approaching.   We didn't feel official summer until after the 4th of July.  The joke around here was that we had June-uary, because of all the cold wet weather.  We are now enjoying beautiful weather, but fall is definitely in the air with the crisp cool nights and a nip in the air most mornings.

That being said, I think it's time to start some fall house cleaning and bringing out my fall decorations.  I'm planning on doing this room by room; and while doing this I'll share the fall decor I've added to each room.

Today I'll begin with the dinning room.  Of course, the decorating is done on a limited budget, but that doesn't mean you can't add a few new things.   For the table decor, I began by placing a garage sale table runner down that I've had for a few years already. I then added a candle stick that my husband made years ago.  I then placed a 49 cent thrift store candle on it and flanked it with two vertical wheat bundles.  The wheat bundles were found at my local thrift store last week for 99 cents each.  I love to know how much I've saved by purchasing second hand items, so I did an on line search for these and I found some similar ones for $ 59.98 each.  That makes for a $119.96 savings and one thrifty find!


View of the dinning area taken from the kitchen.



You may also enjoy seeing my fall decor from previous years.


You'll want to come back and read my next post as I'll be sharing a tutorial -
DIY budget friendly wall art.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Joy, we must be kindred spirits. I just started working on putting a little Fall into the house, too! I look forward to seeing your DIY and more thrifty ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wheat bundles and they were such a deal, I mean STEAL! A wonderful blessing for your fall table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly - I've never liked table runners - but I love yours so much I'm going to start looking for one for our table :) I love your blog! I found it because I must have decided to randomly follow you on pinterest and then you were pinning seriously EVERYTHING that I love, so I knew I'd love your blog - i do!!

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails