Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NEW BASEBOARD AND TRIM

We're moving on to adding the new trim and base board in my office.  Let's take a look at what we started with.  Old yellow looking wood dating back to when the house was built.


We decide to add white trim molding and baseboards.


 In the above photo, you can see the trim inside the closet. We decided to go with a plain trim on the inside of the closet without the rosettes since it's not visible when you walk into the room.

We added rosettes on the corners of the door trim. I like the charm it adds to the room but also adding these made it much easier for installation.  My husband could do straight cuts and didn't have to make mitered corners.


Here's a view of the new baseboard.  It's amazing how this new trim makes the room look so much newer and brighter.

1 comment:

  1. I love white trim! We painted all of ours which took forever and right now I'm really jealous of your rosettes (i didn't know what those were called) - they look so nice, and I never would have guessed it actually made it easier.
    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails