Wednesday, December 5, 2012

CANDLE STICK MAKEOVER

While shopping at my local thrift store this fall, I came upon a pair of brass candle sticks.  I bought them at the 50% off sale, making the total price for the candle sticks $1.49.



I knew I would give them a makeover eventually. It was while decorating the living room for Christmas that I decided to make them over.
  Out came my Krylon Metallic spray paint can, and two coats of paint were applied.


They now work perfect with my winter wonder land theme decor in which I have incorporated, silver, white and blue colors.



I placed them on a piece of silver snowflake fabric, added a faux poinsettia and silver Christmas ornaments. Sometimes you need to think outside of the box for the use of a house hold item.  I did this when  I took out my silver bun basket and used it to place glitter tipped pine cones and poinsettia in it.





2 comments:

  1. So simple and so lovely! They look much nicer now, I think. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, yet SO effective. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails